Saturday, March 28, 2009

what fresh HELL is this?

Sasquatch was barking, nonstop. The radio was blaring classic rock. The shop vac was sucking mightily. What was the occasion? Oh just Saturday...a Saturday I had planned to spend in quiet reflection or if not that, then just in quiet. H and A were not expected this day, but life's full of surprises and no one knows that better than I. Especially lately. Not only had H and A shown up unexpectedly, but they had brought another member of their merry band, R, who is a charming young woman, but one whose relationship to the others is a mystery. She chipped in just like she knew what she was doing, taking doors off their hinges, moving things from one place to another, and her use of the shop vac was masterful. This girl had some experience!

Sas was very put out. Literally put out, as in outside. In her desire to be helpful, she has made a pest of herself and cannot be allowed to stay under foot. Her assistance is most unwelcome today because it is another day of laying hardwood flooring and she has a tendency to be in exactly the wrong place at exactly the wrong time...as do I apparently. So, she's on the deck where she can keep an eye out for looters and thugs and I have retreated to my bedroom, which is in no way far enough away but will have to do for now. She barks and I blog...seems about right to me.


I did remain downstairs long enough to oversee the moving of the china cabinet. H insisted he could move it without breaking anything and he probably could have. But I have a few pieces of Waterford that I'm ridiculously attached to and so I insisted in removing those pieces first. The rest of the stuff can break for all I care...most of it doesn't even have sentimental value.






As you can see from this photo, I have not exaggerated the chaos the remodeling project has generated. There's no point in trying to put anything away, and so it stacks up here and there waiting for the day order can be restored. And that day cannot come soon enough. So, I shouldn't complain about H and A and R showing up unexpectedly. The more they show up, the quicker all this will be done.


The painter was here earlier this week and promises to be finished in a week. Unbelievable and exciting. So good to have something to be excited about!

A check of email revealed a couple of messages from HELL...there has been an unexpected increase in activity from there lately. Unfortunately, the messages are the same old stuff from the same old men. Well, no, the men are different but they might as well be the same. I'm having some serious thoughts about whether or not to continue my HELL experience. More about that later...or earlier since that entry appears below this one.


--Ina

No comments:

Post a Comment