Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sasquatch goes all sorrow-dog

Sasquatch was depressed. She was distressed over the state of her hairdo. Sas has unruly hair...we can't all be blessed with perfect locks, and she is one of the unfortunates. And she's very vain for a dog...I don't know where she gets it. Well, yes, I do care about my appearance and perhaps I do spend a little too much time primping, and there are some (not many) who have mentioned that I might be a little shallow. But vain? Surely not! Why, to call me vain would imply that I spend all my time thinking of shoes and hats (HATS!) and lipstick and dresses and short-tailed skirts and scent and cashmere sweaters. Everyone who knows me knows that I spend most of my time in deep reflection about how I might best help save the world from itself. And I've come up with some pretty good ideas, but what's important now is Sas's well-being. She's been like this for several days. She's spent most of her time in her recliner, sleeping or moping. She's lost interest in saving our home from squirrels and even Chuckwoolery's kisses bore her. She doesn't call for Rolf anymore and barely notices that he's stopped stopping by. Oh, she puts on a good front when we go for our walks, but I know her too well and can see that she's deeply troubled.
This morning she refused to leave the house until her hair was covered. Fortunately, we found those red flannel panties sent by that most charming e-boyfriend and she used them as her hat (HAT!). She likes the warmth of the flannel and the lace appeals to her girly side. I'm glad she likes them because I wouldn't be caught dead in them...I do hope this particular e-boyfriend isn't reading the blog. Well, I don't think he would. I think his interests lie more in the physical rather than the intellectual pursuits. In fact, I'm pretty sure of it, if his emails are any indication, although sometimes it's a little hard to know exactly what he's writing since his spelling skills are, well, let's just say he won't be winning any bees. But there's certainly nothing wrong with that. No, indeed. This world is big enough to accommodate the brawny as well as the brainy. His photo suggests that he's brawny all right. Oh it's not one of those tacky shirtless ones. No, he's clothed, but well, it must have been a trick of the light the day the picture was taken...those shoulders...and the arms...the breadth of chest...and tall! Oh my...it's 12 degrees outside, but it seems oddly warm in here...is it just me??
Well.....so, yes, Sasquatch...I think she was concerned or depressed or unhappy or something...what was it? (that little bitch...always complaining about something. Doesn't she know I have other things to think about right now?) I seem to have become a little lost....Oh yes! her hair! That's right, she needed a salon appointment. Well, of course, I got right on the phone and made her appointment...a day of beauty at the doggie salon. Oh, she'll be a new girl! I'll be sure to post pictures so all her virtual friends can see her transformation. She'll regain the will to live, I'm sure of it. I do hope though, that she will have forgotten all about Rolf...all that calling and calling for him was getting on my nerves....
--Ina



No comments:

Post a Comment