Monday, January 26, 2009

technical difficulties in HELL...



Sasquatch and I are tired of winter. Well, I'm tired of it. Sas, being a superior being, enjoys all seasons and finds special delight in cold and snow. Sometimes, I think she's a freak. Take this morning...oh go on and take it; I have no use for it. When we awoke circa 4:30 (Sas is an early riser and insists that I be one too. Sometimes, I think she might be a little selfish...), I looked out the window to survey the damage inflicted by the snowfall that had been predicted. It looked like 4-5 inches, judging from the look of the deck. When Sas and I got out in it, my estimate was confirmed. After she frolicked and sniffed and danced around for a few minutes, we came back in so I could get ready for work. I always go to work when it is a workday...well, if I can, that is. I saw no reason why today should be any different. So there was the outfit picking (jeans today in honor of the snow. I selected a semi-comfortable pair that do not fit like the very skin. They are not that flattering, but I reasoned that I'd be sitting behind my desk for most of the day, and I did pick out a nice turtleneck sweater to go with them, so folks seeing me in my office would have something nice to look at while they made their excuses for whatever it was that they'd done against the rules.) and makeup applying (default), hair styling (default), jewelry (silver hoops, default ring/watch) and fragrance (Cabochard, a green/leather chypre...notes include bergamot, mandarin, galbanum, ylang ylang, jasmine, Bulgarian rose, clove, oakmoss, tobacco, sandalwood, vetiver, leather, castoreum, patchouli and labdanum. Classic, slighty naughty, but not too naughty for work.)


So I let the car warm up for about an hour and the ice still hadn't melted...I must get a snow/ice scraper one day. I've been using a metal pancake turner (I don't make pancakes that often, so I keep my turner in the car.), but I'm sure a proper scraper would be more efficient. I set off and got to the end of the street...defeated!! That left turn just wasn't going to happen, so I turned around to wait for more clement weather.


While I was waiting, I opened email to see what surprises might be there. I had a message from HELL...new handbasket choices! But, and this is happening with distressing regularity, they were the same handbasket choices I had rejected just a few days ago. What?? So, now, not only are my handbasket residents completely inappropriate as dating material, they are the same 3 inappropriate choices time after time after time. Has the HELL handbasket software gone into a loop? That's possible, I guess. Or has HELL reached the bottom of the barrel for me? Have the gatekeepers of HELL decided that since I'm so picky, they won't even try to dredge up any new handbasket choices for me? Well, I AM picky. What's wrong with that? Should I settle for someone like DrCliffphd and spend the rest of my days seeking honky tonks and doing the electric slide? I think not. (I visited HELL over the weekend and saw that DrCliffphd had stalked me! I was struck dumb with terror! But, he hasn't sent me anymore messages, so perhaps he was just taking a walk down memory lane.) So, if HELL won't provide appropriate men for me, I guess I'll be forced to find them on my own. What a bummer...


--Ina

1 comment: