Saturday, December 13, 2008

detour...possible danger ahead

As I've mentioned, Dave had an unusual style of writing. Stream of consciousness is the best way I can describe it. It was like he couldn't be bothered with grammar, spelling or punctuation...he just had to get his thoughts out there as quickly as possible. And it makes sense for him. Dave's a pretty intense guy...quick-witted, passionate, a thinker. In other words, Dave's no dummy. That's one of the things that attracted me because I'm no dummy either. So, he had this unmistakable style of writing...he also had this funny little thing he'd use to end his messages. We'll call it "ideas."
So an email from him might go like this:

Hey Ina!!!!!!!!!!!
Hw ya..........yeah fiNe too......miSsss ya... calllll you ..........or me?



ideas...........
D.

You get the picture. So I'm just browsing around HELL one day and I see this guy who looks interesting...we'll call him cheeryguy. When I opened up his profile, the first thing I thought was Dave. The writing style was exactly the same. Not the actual content, which was very different from Dave's profile, but that unmistakable style. Plus, cheeryguy ended his summary with ideas................Coincidence? Beats me...but interesting to think about. Cheeryguy has never checked Inatizzy's profile. Maybe because he already knows what he'll find there?

--Ina

No comments:

Post a Comment