Wednesday, December 10, 2008

How it began...

It was a couple of days before Halloween. I was dreading it. Oh I like children, don't get me wrong. I mean who doesn't like seeing all the tiny Cinderellas, the wee Spidermen, the ghosts, the goblins and the dear little Margaret Thatchers? No, I like all that just fine. ..You could die from the cuteness of it all! What I don't like and what my dog, Sasquatch, especially doesn't like is all that doorbell ringing! Poor Sas. She practically has a coronary every time the doorbell rings. She takes her vow to protect me very seriously and she's hell bent on keeping any and all intruders from my door...just look at how sincere and alert she looks in her pic. That's what I like about dogs. Give them a job and they're delighted. They do it, no complaints, everyday, unlike some (many) employees I know but will refrain from mentioning by name...they know who they are.
So it was a couple of days before Halloween and I got to thinking, "If only I had a man in my life, he could answer the door and give out treats to the Spidermen and the sweet little Margaret Thatchers, and Sas and I could sit on the couch watching the Game Show Channel and life would be sweet."
And that's how it began.
--Ina

1 comment:

  1. Inatizzy made that stupid comment above just to see if comments could be posted. So shut up.

    ReplyDelete