Thursday, December 18, 2008

sasquatch goes happy-dog


Sasquatch got a new toy today and she's gone completely happy-dog over it! (She doesn't look all that delighted in this pic because I insisted on taking a picture and she really wanted to get back to her toy.) I believe I've mentioned Sas's ongoing bataille de écureuil. She really despises those little rat-like bastards. Well, her new toy is a stuffed squirrel (Thanks B!, you know who you are. And Sas sends you a big sloppy dog kiss.) and she's having a wonderful time killing it. (Sas is normally totally anti-violence, but when it comes to squirrels, well, we all have our triggers.) I tried to interest her in the Game Show Channel (Family Feud tonight) so she wouldn't totally de-stuff the squirrel the very first time she played with it, but she just looked at me like WTF?? She has christened it "bâtard de rat," or "Bat" for short.
I'm unsure of Sas's history...she was a shelter dog. But she seems quite cosmopolitan and may have lived in France or at least Quebec...maybe Paris KY. (Perhaps she has some Briard in her lineage. See photo at right. Resembles Sas, no?) She certainly understands "bâtard." We have this little game where, when Richard Dawson says something incredibly lame to a contestant on FF, I shout out, "Bâtard stupide!!" and Sas wags enthusiastically. She loves that game. But then she loves most games. That's another thing I like about dogs...they're so easy to please. We humans should emulate dogs whenever possible. OK, maybe not that drooling thing and certainly not the endless sniffing, but in most other ways.
While Sas was happily engaged with Bat, I checked email to see if I had messages from any of my far flung boyfriends. Sadly, no...No?? No. Well, this was a disturbing development indeed, but it brings to mind something I've been thinking of. And that is this: Why is it that you're going along having a perfectly nice email relationship with some guy from HELL and then, he suddenly stops emailing back? I mean, what's up with that shit?? Gentlemen of HELL, if you've found a local girlfriend, well good for you! You should share that information so I can say "best wishes." If you've grown tired of emailing, you should say that too, so I don't sit around and wonder if my last email made it to its destination (It IS the Internet, after all, and I don't entirely trust it. Well, I don't trust it at all, and it's easy for me to think of my emails just bouncing around out there in cyberland forever, never reaching their intended inbox...). But the ones I really don't understand are the ones who seem all hot for ya, then just like that, disappear. There have been a couple of those and I just do not get it...at. all.
Perhaps I am too polite...I'd never just stop emailing without giving a reason (except for trickery, as in the case of the Engineer, and he deserved it.)

I guess the point is, let us know what's going on. Oh I know, it can be uncomfortable to give a reason, and often, a reason might not even be needed. You can just say that you've decided not to email anymore. It's only polite and one day, you might be sitting around wondering too...
--Ina

No comments:

Post a Comment