Friday, December 12, 2008

First encounter...

I've taken a little detour to give some friendly advice to the men of HELL, so let's recap a little.
I'd written my profile and posted it. It wasn't the best profile ever, but I really did put some thought into it. I didn't reveal that much about myself, because, hey, it's the Internet and keeping some secrets is prudent. But I told some things and I tried to make up for my lack of transparency with humor.
I spent some time browsing the men within 100 miles of my home and frankly, was pretty disappointed. I began to wonder if, in fact, all the good men in KY really were already taken...living in domestic bliss with their beautiful wives. Or it could be that all the good available men just hadn't heard of HELL yet. I really didn't know and still don't. So, my expectations were low.
And then, I got a message! I was surprised. I hadn't expected someone to contact me. I had thought I'd be doing all the selecting, but nevertheless, I felt flattered. But as I read his message, I realized that he didn't live all that close to me. In fact, he lived in Atlanta. What? Atlanta? Why would someone in Atlanta be contacting me? So, I did the only reasonable thing...I asked him why.
And his response was charming...he asked, "Why not?" I was delighted and intrigued. And thus, we began our all too brief correspondence...

--Ina

No comments:

Post a Comment