Friday, December 12, 2008

the Engineer...still on the first phone call

Yes, I was charmed. He had spoken of intimacy and what it meant to him and no he didn't think it was all about sex. (Well, that's what he said, but can you really trust someone you've just met on a dating web site? That remains to be seen.) He had spoken of his love for animals and his work with an animal shelter. He had spoken of how he wasn't one of those men for whom the chase is the main thing. He didn't like to chase, he said. He couldn't date more than one woman at a time; had no desire to. (I hope you've paid attention to this part because it will come into play later.) He was smart; he was funny; he was polite, but with an irreverent sense of humor; he was handsome. I had asked him why a man as handsome as himself was unattached, and he said he was very selective. Well, that's OK, so am I, so no problems here. I guess. In short, our conversation was sweet and funny and interesting and we discovered that we had lots in common. So, yeah, I was charmed. I told him so in an email the next day and he professed to having been charmed also. Up until now, he hadn't asked for a photograph. I was impressed by that. Most of these bozos asked first crack out of the hat, so they could be sure that your looks met their exacting standards. And since each and every one was a George Clooney clone (no), well, they were perfectly within their rights, they thought. But he did ask for a pic in this latest email. So, I had to scramble to get one. Thanks Bufe, you know who you are... He also asked if he could call again that night, but I said I was busy. I wasn't but that's how you play...

--Ina

No comments:

Post a Comment